Protein bars are gaining popularity today. This is not surprising due to the fact that more people are getting conscious about their health and fitness. Before biting into that protein bar of yours, here are some things that you need to know first.
TYPES OF PROTEIN BARS
You should know that protein bars are of several basic types:
- Nutritional: packed with nutrients and minerals. Perfect choice if you just want to have a healthy snack.
- Low Carb: Low-carbohydrate treats sometimes mixed with L-Carnitine that helps in shedding off those pounds.
- Vegetarian: without eating animal meat, getting the right amount of protein in a vegetarian’s body is difficult. Well, this solves that problem.
- Sports: Perfect for athletes that need a quick energy boost. This can also aid with muscle repair, a good add-on for someone that undergoes through rigorous training everyday.
FACTORS IN FINDING THE PERFECT ONE
When buying a bar, be guided by several basic criteria:
- Your Goal: Lose weight, gain weight, just a tasty and healthy snack, improve training efficiency and so on.
- Ingredients: The composition of the additives (amount of protein, sugar, carbohydrates and other components).
- Rating: Reviews and recommendations from normal users and experts.
- Price: Each brand has its own price. Choose one within your budget.
WHAT OPTIONS ARE WORTH CONSIDERING?
We are not affiliated with these brands. Only our honest opinions.
QUEST BAR CHOCOLATE BROWNIE
The best sports bar, according to most experts and test results. The composition of a lot of fiber and the minimum amount of sugar. Contains 20 grams of protein and 1 gram of sugar. This protein bar is also packed with calcium, iron, magnesium, vitamins A and C, phosphorus and fiber.
Moreover, these are the best protein bars for those who wants to lose weight! Great at stimulating metabolism and fat burning. The bar does not contain gluten, with a maximum of useful components. Contains 15 grams of protein and 9 grams of sugar.
POWER CRUNCH PROTEIN ENERGY BAR
The best bars are low in sugar. The composition of micro peptides to increase the digestibility of proteins and stevia extract for sweetening. Contains 13 grams of protein and little sugar (only 4 grams).
LUNA WHOLE NUTRITION BAR FOR WOMEN, WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA
One of the tastiest bars in the market today. Formulated specifically for women to enjoy the exquisite taste combinations. In the composition of 70% of organic components, vitamins and fiber. Contains 9 grams of protein and 11 grams of sugar. Low glycemic index, without dairy products.
VEGA SPORT PROTEIN BAR, CHOCOLATE COCONUT
The best sports bar for vegans. Mainly composed of plant protein, plus 2.5 grams of BCAA and two grams of glutamine. Can be used before training, during training and after. Excellent natural taste, without gluten. Contains 15 grams of protein and 19 grams of natural sugar (dates and agave syrup).
RISE BAR PROTEIN + BAR, ALMOND HONEY
The best bars with the simplest and most understandable composition: only three components. Almond, honey, whey protein isolate. Without gluten! Contains 20 grams of protein and 13 grams of sugar (natural honey).
In conclusion, there is no “one size that fits all” approach in choosing the right one for you. Ask yourself this question first. Do you dream to increase your muscle mass? – then choose one with high protein concentration. Want to lose weight? – Then choose a product that’s low in calories and sugar. If you have no idea on which one you really need, visit Best Protein Bars’ website to learn more.
Have you tasted one of these products? Do you think that they are as effective as marketed? Share your thoughts below.