Fibromyalgia is scientifically defined as a chronic inflammatory disorder of an unknown cause which is commonly characterized by widespread pain in the musculoskeletal part of the body. In layman’s terms, it is a rheumatic kind of rheumatic arthritis with similar symptoms such as intense pain, inflammation, and soreness at various point of the body. In some cases, it can be caused by rheumatoid arthritis and/or other autoimmune conditions.
Fibromyalgia affects roughly 10 million U.S. citizens today, and most of them are women. And though science hasn’t discovered a cure for this disease yet, natural healing methods with the use of herbs and mushrooms may provide an answer to directly support the symptoms of this disease.
Learn more as we are going to know more about how Reishi mushroom supplements can treat fibromyalgia and alleviate its symptoms.
Why Is The Cause Of Fibromyalgia Still Undetermined?
Science is still trying to determine the primary cause of fibromyalgia. But what is certain is that it may be caused by a combination of diseases and that it has something to do with the way the brain communicates with the nerves in the body.
According to experts, fibromyalgia is likely caused by the miscommunication of the brain and the nerve endings. To be specific, the brain is still receiving pain signals on certain areas even if nothing is causing pain in the body.
Some supposed causes of fibromyalgia include:
- Side effects of autoimmune condition (rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis)
- Nerve trauma
- Genetic markers
- Depression and anxiety
- Lack of exercise
Ways Ganoderma Lucidum Mushroom Can Treat Fibromyalgia
Natural supportive botanicals like Ganoderma lucidum has been tried and tested for centuries. And it may serve as the answer for treating fibromyalgia since it tends to focus on treating the imbalance in the body. Likewise, it can also help in addressing the different symptoms of fibromyalgia instead of one.
Moreover, here are the ways which Ganoderma lucidum can be used to support fibromyalgia:
- Reducing pain that is caused by inflammation – Reishi mushroom is rich in antioxidants. And these compounds suppress the immune system inflammation by restriction the production of free radicals.
- Protection against autoimmunity – Autoimmunity is a condition where the immune system “attacks” the body and causing harm. Fortunately, the polysaccharides in Ganoderma lucidum have been proven to lower the level of proteins that are associated with autoimmunity.
- Boost the immune system – The same polysaccharides mentioned above can also strengthen the immune system as well as reducing weakness in the body and lessening the chance of incidental ailments.
- May help to manage weight – Weight gain is also a supposed cause of fibromyalgia. And Reishi mushroom has been proven to regulate blood sugars which can lead to diabetes and weight gain.
- Can treat depression and anxiety related to fibromyalgia – Finally, Ganoderma lucidum mushroom has also been considered as an effective cure for depression and anxiety. Regardless if it has been used to cure mental illness, Reishi has been long proven to produce anti-stress, anti-depressant, anti-anxiety, and neuroprotective effects altogether which can also serve as a potent cure for dealing with mood disorders related to fibromyalgia.